Apparently the chubby, mushroom addicted, plumber will be getting Valve's famous Portal Gun. This isn't just a mod of Super Mario Bros. but is an actual game that is developed. I remember seeing a flash movie of Mario with a Portal Gun by Dorkly and I'm surprised (and glad) that someone is turning that concept into a real game.
Here is some of the info from the developer's blog at stabyourself.net
Since Mari0 is suddenly popular, I guess posting some information will be useful.
- Yes, this is an actual game being developed - it is not a mod of any existing one. It’s coded with Löve (info at the bottom of the left menu) and will be released for free (so we don’t get stabbed by lawyers)
- All the source code of the game will be available after release
- The game will have mappacks, which will be downloadable from ingame. Users most likely won’t be able to publish maps directly, but will be able to send them in and we’ll add them for everyone to use.
- The primary maps will have a story and some portaly puzzles. What kind, well, we’ll figure that out as we go
- Level editor will be embedded in the game so you can edit the level while you play
- Original SMB levels and Lost levels will be included
- Simultaneous Multiplayer
Speaking of which, here’s a pic