EA's Press Conference is over and it was actually pretty good. It's all about the games in this Press Conference. We got another Mass Effect 3 live demo, a Live demo to Need for Speed: The Run, a new Trailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic and more. Go ahead and check out the highlights from EA.
- Mass Effect 3 Live demo, showing off the changes in gameplay. Plus a new trailer revealing that Mass Effect 3 is coming out on March 6, 2012.
- Need for Speed: The Run Live demo was shown. This Need for Speed title will have some quick time events on foot for the first time.
- Bioware revealed a new trailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic.
- SSX revealed and will be out on January 2012.
- FIFA 12 revealed showing the new features in the game.
- EA sports football club also announced. Players pick their favourite club and can then accept challenges based upon real world results. Success earns progress in live leaderboards, and can boost the position of the chosen club in a virtual league. It's free of charge and will launch together with FIFA 12.
- Madden 12 announced. Game will be out on Aug 30, 2011.
- The Sims: Social revealed. A game that works together with Facebook.
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning trailer revealed. This game is coming next year.
- New game unveiled, Overstrike. Trailer shown.
- Battlefield 3 live demo showing tank warfare at the same time a small video showing off their new engine Frostbite 2. They also revealed a small teaser showing Multiplayer then soon after revealing that multiplayer Beta is coming on Sept. 2011. Battlefield 3 will be released on Oct 25, 2011 on Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
EA is all about their games and I thank them for sticking with that. They were straight to the point and didn't do any useless stun to get you excited(If you've watched the Ubisoft Press Conference, you know what i mean). Starting off their Press Con with Mass Effect 3 and ending it with Battlefield 3, a lot of strong games as usual was shown by EA.
Here's a link to the Press Conference to watch it yourself - http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ea-e3/
Gotta love new games. Set in the near-future, Overstrike follows a team of four elite agents obliterating enemy strongholds using fringe-tech gadgets and lethal teamwork. The members of Overstrike 9 are comprised of an ex-mercenary, Interpol’s most wanted thief, a gifted young scientist and a decorated detective. Collectively, they are the agency’s outcasts. But a shadowy organization threatens to wipe out humankind. Thanks to each agent’s unique talents and a tendency to completely ignore protocol – Overstrike 9 is the only option left. Overstrike blends developer Insomniac Games’ flair for exotic weaponry and immersive storytelling with a touch of humor in this 4 person co-op action game.
Looks pretty cool and 4 player co-op always sounds good. Check the website if you want to know more.
Video Game reviews, news, previews, videos, and gaming podcasts.