The sequel to the tense 1v1 side-scrolling fighting game is now out on PlayStation 4 and PC. Just like any good sequel, Nidhogg 2 builds up what the first one had. It's still intense as ever but with more weapons, stages, and customization.
The art is really the biggest change since the first game rocked a basic pixelated look. But this change is great since it complements the crazy and tense gameplay. It's a competitive 1v1 game with a unique gameplay. We didn't know why the first game was called Nidhogg, or why fencing was the weapon of choice, but we did find ourselves playing match after match for hours. Here's what Nidhogg 2 will have coming out the gate:
- Challenge the AI or a friend in 1v1 combat.
- Fight for the top seat in 8-player tournaments.
- Master the distinctive traits of four weapons.
- Get stylish with full character customization.
- Ten stages from castles to Nidhogg innards.
- Alter the rules with over 10 different game variables.
- Go online with matchmaking and private games.
In Nidhogg 2, the rapier, which was the only weapon of choice in the first game, will be accompanied by three new weapons: bow, broad sword, and dagger. Each weapon has their own traits and moves set, so mastering will be part of the fun.
Nidhogg 2 costs $14.99(P420) on PlayStation 4 and PC.