We finally get an official trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles.
Zombies Chronicles is a remastered package for Call of Duty: Black Ops III, remastering 8 zombie maps from World at War, Black Ops, and Black Ops II. Here are the maps:
- 3 maps from Call of Duty®: World at War: Nacht der Untoten, Verruckt and Shi No Numa
- 4 maps from Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Kino Der Toten, Ascension, Shangri-la and Moon
- 1 map from Call of Duty®: Black Ops II: Origins
If you are planning to get this package, it will cost you $30, compared to the usual $15 price tag for the previous Call of Duty Map Packs. Picking this up will get you bonus content:
- An exclusive Pack-A-Punch weapon camo
- Twenty vials of Liquid Divinium, a type of powerup and in-game currency
- Two "all-new Whimsical GobbleGums." GobbleGums are a form of persistent upgrade within Black Ops III's Zombies mode.
Preordering Zombies Chronicles will score you a dynamic Zombies theme, and players can earn double XP and various in-game rewards in Zombies for eight days beginning on May 16.
This is the first time we see the Call of Duty franchise release new content for a previous title. With their yearly release schedule, post content usual release within the year. This year, Call of Duty: World War II is up with Sledgehammer Games at the helm.
Zombies have developed a decent following as an extra game mode in the Call of Duty franchise, with developers Treyarch taking the first lead since Call of Duty: World at War. As weird as the mode is, there's a crazy story to follow if you were able to play all the Zombies maps released so far. If you haven't played Zombies, consider this package a taste of all the crazy, or you could check this huge timeline map explaining the whole thing. We still don't get it.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles comes out on PS4 first on May 16.