Dark Souls 2 coming March 2014
E3 2013 will be held in the Los Angeles Convention Center and every where, the city is filled with ad signs for games. This one I'm particulary proud of since they are actually advertising this franchise as a triple A title. Dark Souls 2 is coming, and based on the sign, it's coming on March 2014.
If you've played Dark Souls, then you have a pretty good idea what you'll be getting with the sequel. From gameplay footage and trailers revealed so far, it looks like they won't be turning down the notch when it comes to difficulty. This is one franchise I'm pretty excited to get my ass handed to me.
Dark Souls Trailer
I have a feeling that the sequel just might feel like a big expansion more than anything else with notable differences, but that's not a bad thing for this game because you don't have that many titles similar to Dark Souls, and I actually want more of the same game.
Dark Souls 2 - 12 minute demo by IGN
The game's visual is definitely better based on this demo. One aim the developers mentioned when the game was first revealed is that they want to bring a good narrative for the players. A much needed goal since the previous games, even it being a great action RPG, had close to no story whatsoever.
Game features for Dark Souls 2:
- Prepare to Die… again: Dare yourself to engage against intense gameplay in a vast world powered by an all new engine that leaps graphics, sound & FX forward like never before.
- A labyrinth of monsters & bosses: Immerse yourself into mind-bending environments filled with new twisted monsters and deadly bosses that could only come from the imagination of From Software.
- Sensory assault: A wide range of threats will prey on human senses & phobias – auditory hallucinations, vertigo, acrophobia, etc.
- Deeper and darker: More intricate customization options provide weapons and armor tailoring to player style.
- Evolved multiplayer: Updated multiplayer system enables improved online interaction to bring forward cooperative & competitive play.
- Go beyond death: Dark Souls II features fluid motion-capture animations, upgraded combat system, a vastly expanded suite of characters, deeper customization options, new weapons, armor abilities, and balanced player progression system
Dark Souls 2 will be out for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC, but sadly won't be a next-gen title, so keep your current platforms in good change for next March.