The next patch for Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is out now on the Playstation 3 with Xbox 360 and PC to follow the next day(Nov 30). This 1.2 patch is aimed to address the big issues especially seen on the Playstation 3. At the same time, the patch also addresses the Xbox 360 version of losing texture detail when installed on your console.
[UPDATE] - When PS3 and 360 version of the game is updated to 1.2, it helps the lag issue from PS3 and fixes the low res textures when installed on your 360, but it seems like it comes with a price. The patch provides game breaking bugs that's even worse of you ask me. Magic resistance seems to be not working anymore and Dragons fly backwards. It's so silly that Bethesda patches never work.
For 360 players, I suggest ignoring the damn patch and just keep playing the game without the installation. With PS3, it's harder to suggest to play without it because of the unplayable lag. Some say it greatly improves the performance but not you have no point in putting magic resistance plus those awesome dragons acting weird. Still need to do testing but I'll continue the game without it, feels safer.
Here's the full patch notes thanks to Bethesda's blog:
UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)
- Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
- Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
- Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
- Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
- Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
- Dragon corpses now clean up properly
- Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
- Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
- Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
- Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
- Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
- Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
- ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
- Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
- General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)
Testing still needs to be done if this patch actually fixes these issues but thankfully it has arrived. Xbox 360 and PC 1.02 patch is coming tom so can't wait to test if installing it is better now on my 360.