First Gears of War 3 DLC announced
I'm sure all you Gears fans are not even close to getting sick of Gears of War 3, same here, so Epic Games wants to keep it that way for months to come with the announcement of the Horde Command Pack.
Too soon? nah. The DLC will be out on November 1 and will expand the famous Horde mode. Horde Command Pack will provide three new maps to play in, three new fortifications, new character skins, and weapon skins. Here's the full details.
Three spectacular new maps:
- Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
- Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship's Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera's educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
New fortification upgrades:
- Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
- Onyx Guard
- Big Rig Dizzy
New Weapon Skins:
- Team Plasma
- Jungle Camo
You'll have 250 gamer points to earn from this DLC if thats your thing. It's only going to cost you 800 MS points which is not a bad deal at all if you ask me. This definitely sounds like a winner and will most likely be my first online buy from Xbox Live. I just can't get enough of Horde 2.0.