Blizzcon 2011:Day One Announcements
Don't you love waking up to a pool of new information about your favorite Blizzard games? Blizzcon kicks off today and on the first day they revealed tons of new information for Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, Diablo 3, yet another expansion for World of Warcraft, and more!
I didn't realize it was Blizzcon already. Time sure flies, hopefully it stays that way so that we can get Diablo 3 out the door. That game has been in my 'must buy list' for the longest time. Anyways enough of that, here's what Blizzard announced on the first day of Blizzcon 2011.
Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm preview trailer
Blizzard released a trailer giving us a glimpse of whats to come in Starcraft 2's first expansion. Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm is the Zerg campaign of Starcraft 2 and you play as Kerrigan who is now on a manhunt to take out Arcturus Mengsk. She lost most of her powers but obviously she has enough left to control a zerg army. Not only do we get a sneak peek at the campaign, we also see the new units for each race that will change the meta game of Starcraft multiplayer. Instead of giving you full details of each unit, here's a link giving you detailed information on the upcoming changes in multiplayer when Heart of the Swarm gets released. Thanks GamesRadar for providing detailed information of the new units for us gamers.
Diablo III Black Soulstone Cinematic Trailer
Blizzard cinematics have come a long way. The graphics in this new trailer are just amazing. The latest trailer sadly has no release date for Diablo 3 at the end but at least we get an idea on the story for Diablo 3. The woman in the trailer is named Leah, and is said to be the adopted daughter of Deckard Cain. Why is she alone with all those demonic creatures I have no idea. She will have a major role in Diablo 3 since Leah will be assisting the player as he/she progresses in the game.
A new trailer isn't the only news for Diablo 3 coming from this year's Blizzcon. Blizzard also reveals Diablo 3's Collector's Edition which will be released when they actually give us a damn date for the game. Click this link for a detailed information on what this Collector's Edition contains. If you ask me, this is a winner! hopefully it doesn't get overpriced, but it most likely will be since they did it when Starcraft 2 was released. Will you get it even though it costs like close to 3 new games?
There's one more bit of news for WoW players that's linked to Diablo 3 but I'll mention that in a bit. Next up is...
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria preview trailer
No matter what people think of World of Warcraft, this game will keep going as long as there's internet. World of Warcraft : Mists of Panadaria is the next expansion for one of the biggest MMORPG's out there. We had Cataclysm just last year but with how fast WoW players finish content, expansions are coming out faster now. It's only a matter of time when they finally release the final fight against Deathwing and complete the content of Cataclysm.
This new expansion will be adding and changing a lot in World of Warcraft. Here are the features of World of Warcraft's fourth expansion pack:
- New Playable Race -- Pandaren: Adventure through Azeroth as World of Warcraft's first neutral race and decide whether to side with the Alliance or the Horde.
- New Playable Class -- Monk: Unlock the secrets of pandaren martial arts and do battle as a damage dealer, healer, or tank.
- Level Cap Increased to 90:Learn potent new spells and abilities while exploring uncharted zones and taking on challenging new content.
- New Zones:Explore the lush Jade Forest, treacherous Kun-Lai Summit, and other exotic areas of Pandaria designed for high-level characters, and uncover the mystery of the Wandering Isle.
- Scenarios: Join up with some friends to achieve a common goal, such as mounting a defense against invading monsters, in a flexible new type of PvE challenge.
- Dungeon “Challenge” Modes: Master the ultimate five-player time trial to earn prestige rewards in a new dungeon mode that will put your resolve and coordination to the test.
- Pet Battles: Challenge other players’ companion pets with your own collection in a new tactical mini-game, and find out who's king or queen of the pint-sized battlefield.
- New Talent System: Customize your character to suit your play style with the newly overhauled and improved talent system.
Pet battles are going to be hilarious. From how their explaining it, it's literally Pokemon World of Pokemon. There will be masters(like gym leaders) to fight, three attacks for each pet, pets are tradable, and the gameplay will be turn-based. No demonstration yet, but with the number of pets and creatures/monster that could be implemented into this new system, there's going to be a huge variety if choices.
World of Warcraft Annual Pass
Get the Annual Pass and you get a 12 month subscription to World of Warcraft. If you actually do get this promo, YOU GET DIABLO 3 FOR FREE! sorry for the caps but damn that deal even shocked me. Aside from getting a free copy of a game that's not even out yet, you get a Tyrael Charger WoW Mount, and an instant spot at the beta test of the next expansion. This is still not enough for me to get back into WoW, but it's a hell of a tempting offer. If interested, head over here to join the dark side.
Blizzard Dota Trailer
Last but not least, we have Blizzard's take on Icefrog's Dota. umm, with Dota 2 on the way thanks to Steam, is there enough to get excited for both? The game looks pretty similar as expected but I like the fact that their using actual Blizzard characters. It's like Blizzard's Smash Brother's, Dota style.
More to come.....I hope
It's only day one, we'll see if Blizzard has anything more up their sleeves. I'm still eager of hearing news from Blizzard's new MMO called Titan. They say it won't make an appearance or even an announcement. We'll see when Blizzcon 2011 closes.
If you want the full day one wrap of Blizzcon 2011, head over here to see the official wrap up coming from Blizzard. Let's see what Day two brings...